FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »
Photobucket

Waiting

I called this morning to check on the status of getting Fox an appointment with the developmental pediatrician at CHOP. I sent his packet in January, they confirmed they have received it and someone should call me in the next 2 months to schedule an appointment for about 2 months after that - which puts us right around August/September. Having to wait 9 -12 months to get him seen is just so very frustrating. Early diagnosis and treatment is so important and being put on hold for this long is difficult. I've never been good at waiting - for anything - so this is really testing me. I've had to accept (or try to!) that it's just the name of the game and there is not much I can do to change it. Instead of focusing on the next event, the next therapy, the next appointment, I'm doing the best I can to focus on the right now. To enjoy every single moment and not keep worrying about what tomorrow may hold or how soon it will come.

xo Betsy

No comments: