FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »
Photobucket

Rough Days

This week has been a challenging one. For the past 10 days or so Fox, who used to be a pretty laid-back little guy, has started having a lot of tantrums and just rougher days in general. We've had many days of constant crying and whining which is really, really hard. I think he's starting to get frustrated that he isn't able to communicate. Most children his age can tell people (either with words or gestures) what it is they want or what it is that's upsetting them, but he can't, which has to be difficult for him. And it's challenging for me because I just don't always know immediately what it is that he wants. With an infant it's usually pretty easy to figure out why they are crying because it's generally just that they are wet, tired or hungry... but with a toddler it could be something much more complex, like the fact that I gave him the red sippy cup when he really wanted the blue one, and I just have absolutely no idea why it is he won't stop screaming. It's so hard to see him so upset and not know what to do to help. I've started introducing some sign language and I'm hoping that if he picks up some of that it will allow him to a feel a little more in control. As hard as all of this has been on me, I know it's even harder for him. I hope that soon he is able to find a way to communicate with me so he can let go of all the frustration and just go back to smiling.

xo Betsy

No comments: