FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »
Photobucket

Telling People

When I first found out that Fox had these issues I didn't want to tell anyone. I didn't want every time people saw him for them to examine him and try to figure out how he was doing. I didn't want him to be labeled. I thought that maybe after a few months of therapies that all the problems would disappear and he would be all caught up and nobody would ever have to know. I guess I was just trying to protect him - from what I'm not even sure. But things aren't getting better. And it's not going away. I realized that I can't get through this alone. I need my friends and the people in my life to know what is going on - to know why sometimes I seem stressed or my mind seems to be somewhere else. And I realized that instead of trying to hide it I should work to educate people and be a voice. Nobody ever thinks something is going to be wrong with their child. Ever. I know I certainly didn't, but hopefully by speaking out and raising awareness I can help other people, while getting a little help of my own along the way.

xo Betsy

No comments: