FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »
Photobucket

Very Good Week

I have been told many times that there will come a point with Fox where everything will just seem to come together. I've been waiting and waiting for him to start making some progress and this week has just been fantastic. His wonderful therapists have started coming four times a week and I really think that has made a huge difference. He has started signing "more" when he wants something, which is huge. It's so nice to finally be able to communicate him a little bit and have him be able to express to me what he wants. He is also doing great with his sensory issues... he will walk on mulch (if I put him there... he still won't go onto it by himself), has started taking a bath without screaming and actually enjoys playing in the sandbox outside! He is working so hard and I'm just so proud of everything he has accomplished. The other great news is that CHOP finally called and had a cancellation for an appointment with a developmental pediatrician for THIS THURSDAY at 8am! I wasn't expecting to get a call until August or September, so I'm thrilled to get him in for his evaluation so soon. Fingers crossed that it goes well and that I can finally get some answers.

xo Betsy

1 comment:

Heather P said...

Betsy - I'm so happy for you! I don't know if you can see the progress that Fox and you have made as you live it day-to-day. This progress is so evident when one sits and reads many entries in one sitting. I'm thrilled about your CHOP appointment tomorrow(?) - I wish I had known about it earlier - perhaps I could have helped you by watching your girls for you. Pls don't hesitate to ask. Happy to read 'waves', and the walking on the grass and mulch (was that the same day I saw him? He was having so much fun!), and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the happy dance after he picks up every book in 'Little Mommies'! So cute! :) xo